A roof-cladding material should protect your roof and the entire house from wind, sunlight, pollution and extreme weather temperatures. The best material should also be cost-effective and durable to offer protection for an extended period. However, choosing that material is not easy, considering that there are many materials, with each boast unique benefits. If you are looking for an excellent cladding material for your roof, keep reading to know the available material options and the tips that you should observe to purchase the best material.
Types of cladding materials
Here are the common roofs cladding materials that you will find in the market:
The metal roof is durable and has an oxidized top layer, which makes the entire roof non-porous. It's aesthetically pleasing, and its maintenance requirements are low.
Wood is a readily available material, and you can change its appearance easily to fit your ideal needs. It would help if you got the best quality timber for effective roof cladding results.
Copper is quite costly, but its effects are remarkable. The material is durable and offers strong resistance to corrosion, rainfall and extreme weather temperatures.
Zinc is a highly versatile material that lets you change its design without compromising its durability. It is cheaper compared to the other materials.
Tips for choosing the best roof cladding material
Now that you are aware of the available materials in the market, follow these tips to choose the best for your roof.
- Choose a material that improves the natural appearance of your house. The material should complement your design to give your home a modern look
- Ensure that the roof cladding material is durable and has fewer maintenance requirements. It should keep your home clean for an extended period without frequent wear and tear
- Consider the natural surrounding and ensure that the roof cladding material matches well with the surrounding environment. It should also blend well with the neighbourhood
- Choose a versatile material that you can quickly redesign or change its appearance for functional and aesthetic purposes
- Choose a fire-resistant material to keep your home safe in case of a fire outbreak
- Ensure that the material is environment-friendly, to avoid causing adverse effects to your immediate surroundings.
Once you purchase the right roof cladding material, find a professional roofer to help you in the installation process. Also, understand the basics of cladding so that you can maintain your cladding material well. A professional can also further discuss roof cladding options with you.